Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sex and Scandal: My view

In my first post here I promised an occasional rant on things sexual. The Eliot Spitzer scandal seems like the perfect opportunity, so here are a few observations.

First let me say it was not the sex that ultimately got Mr. Spitzer in trouble. He’s in trouble for hypocritically flaunting laws that as a lawyer, prosecutor and governor he helped create and enforce.

One political opponent said “The pattern of Eliot Spitzer is that there’s one set of rules for him and another set for everyone else.”

Actually, I support legalized prostitution, no I don’t support the slave trade or abuse of women. But I do support the medically supervised sex business when everyone involved is a willing participant and no one is hurt. Of course, you might try to change my mind in the comments section below.

Let me just wrap this up by saying I think a majority in our society understands that sexual freedom is important to our health and well being but like anything else we enjoy it must be handled responsibly with thought and moderation.

No comments: